Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Going Back to Familiar Places...............

The Hidden Sky
Tom Wolfe said "you can't go home again".   Having spent yesterday chilling out in the Tuxedo Motel, and spending the day with ghosts from the years I lived in New York state, and the summers I did the Renaissance Faire,  I agree and don't agree.  It can hurt to visit places so full of memories, but the only refuge is to cherish them, to keep saying "thank you - it was great!" while I look for the shapes, tastes, and colors of those days in my memory box.
 
So many memories.......maybe that's what love is.  The perfume that lingers, the threads that weave between the empty spaces where a face, a voice, a name used to be.

Raukkadesa. 
Sterling Forest, near N.Y. Renaissance Festival,  Tuxedo, New York

Pavement,  Woodstock, New York
my "moss garden", Brushwood

Lightening struck tree

my Moss Garden, deep woods, Brushwood Folklore Center

2 comments:

Gail said...

I would love some of your memories.

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

These memories are wondrous! And the photos...wow.