Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Wind Sculptor from Holland

Dutch Wind Sculptor Creates New Form of Life!




What shape
waits in the seed of you to grow
and spread its branches against a future sky?
Is it waiting in the fertile sea?


David Whyte
 
I posted about this amazing artist several years ago, and felt like sharing his work again.  I have to thank my friend Charlie Spillar for this BBC Video about the Dutch sculptor Theo Jansen and his "Strandbeests". 


  I'm in awe of his vision!  I wish I could see this new evolutionary creature make it's way back to the sea in person!



2 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

These wind sculptures are awesome. There seems to be so much talent globally these days!

Martine said...

We have lots of wind here in Holland but only Theo Janssen makes art out of it........