Friday, March 19, 2021

A Green Man

                   

My continuing efforts to keep learning about painting has produced a Greenman for the Equinox!  I'm pleased with this little painting, which I did on a discarded cabinet door.   And......... Wishing a Blessed Equinox and Return of Spring to all!

The Green Man

 

I walked among the trees

I wore the mask of the deer 

remember me, try to remember

I am that laughing man

with eyes like dappled leaves. 

When you think that winter 

will never end

I will come.  

 

You will feel my breath, warm at your neck.

I will rise in the grass, a vine caressing your foot.

I am the blue eye of a crocus opening in the snow

  a trickle of water, a calling bird,

  a shaft of light among the trees.

 

You will hear me singing

among the green groves of memory,

the shining leaves of tomorrow.

 

I'll come with daisies in my hands,

we'll dance among the sycamores

once more


Lauren Raine  (1997)

 

 



No comments: