Monday, July 23, 2012

Flashback to the 60's....

I looked up the word "Flashback" and no one seems to remember where it originally came from, but as it was used in the '60's it originally refered to "flashing back" to an acid trip.  Acid culture is long gone but thanks to Google one can revisit it through Google, the  Akashic Record, right here at my finger tips without the inconvenience of having to die or leave my body.  How great is that! So I was thinking about the 60's and I remembered  going to those cavernous auditoriums where  Cream and The Doors and Love  played, not to mention the Whiskey A Go Go and Love Ins.  I was so into being one of "Vito's dancers", before I was whisked off to college and the more serious clime of Berkeley, to the relief of my father.  Artist Vito Paulekas  was a catalyst for change in Los Angeles in the '60's.....he  probably coined the term "freak out"..........  

No comments: