Monday, August 3, 2009

Finals Week..........


I'm in the middle of finals for my ESL certificate program, which has taken up pretty much 24/7 for the past month. So, dear friends and colleagues, forgive me if I've not been very conversant. I've been immersed in a fascinating world of international students and the roots of Language Acquisition, and a group of fellow explorers, many just out of college and eager to see the world, but many like me as well. Retired? Never! Just creating a new career, a new path, a new adventure. Increasingly, I realize that there are no finalities.

Just passages.

It has been wonderful to meet people from around the world.........and I've occasionally become teary-eyed sitting with young people from the Ivory Coast, and China, and Saudi Arabia, and Korea, and Brazil, and Ecuador, and Sumatra......all immersed in finding ways to communicate, to speak with each other. All needing each other to do so.
So wish me luck. Off I go to the library to do something I haven't done in a few decades. Cram for a test!

No comments: