I've posted several times about the dangers of GMO's, and posted the film "The World According to Monsanto". GMO's are illegal in Poland, and riots have ensued in France because of them. Well, here's reality turned on its ear.
Monsanto wins prestigious World Food PrizeIf only, if only it were a joke……..
If you thought the world couldn´t get any crazier, news this week that a Monsanto executive is to receive the World Food Prize for its services to agriculture might make you think again.
Robert T Fraley, Executive Vice President of Monsanto, along with Mary Dell Chilton, founder of biotech giant Syngenta, have been announced as this year´s winners for the prestigious food prize, which has a $250,000 reward. Fraley, who has been with Monsanto throughout much of its dark history, is being lauded for his invention of GMOs, while Chilton is applauded for spending “the last three decades overseeing the implementation of the new technology she developed and further improving it to be used in the introduction of new and novel genes into plants.”
The accolades are set to be given to these cretinous executives on World Food Day, October 16. If this insane plan goes ahead without a public backlash, we will be rewarding CEOs who have systematically:
- Monopolized our food and driven millions of farmers into poverty
- Designed dangerous artificial growth hormones for dairy cows
- Created franken-seeds and prohibited investigation into their long-term effects
- Tried to block the labelling of GMO foods
- Patented food in a sickening attempt to own nature itself (Hey, Monsanto! I grow my own broccoli, what you gonna do about it?)
- Enforcing these patents by suing and threatening smallholders and family farmers who violate Monsanto´s iron rule
- Caused mass suicide among millions of farmers whose GM crops fail
- Invented pesticides that kill bees and endangered other wildlife
- And later had the audacity to launch legal action against the European Union after it finally banned bee-killing pesticides in May this year.