Saturday, March 11, 2017

Synchronicities.............



I've had a number of striking synchronicities lately, and wanted to put them into this journal.  Synchronicities, for me, are like touchstones along the path, made of the same stuff as vision and dreams, pointers, contacts.  Sometimes, like dreams, I try to see what they may mean.  Sometimes, I see synchros as being "within the dream", threads cast on the great net of Spider Woman reminding us of the web of being underneath the fabric of ordinary life.  

So what to make of these?  The first concerns my mother, who died on February 22, 2015.  On the 22nd I felt myself really missing her, and lit candles before her picture in remembrance.  A few days later Blogger notified me that a new comment had been posted on, of all things, the obituary post I made for her two years ago!  While it is obviously some kind of spam, it repeats the "22" motif.  Just a computer generated spam, or a little "hello"?  It made me smile, anyway.

Spam Synchro

Blogger has left a new comment on your post "Florence Greene 6/27/1917 ~~ 2/22/2015": 

At Take Free Bitcoin you may claim free bitcoins. Up to 22 satoshis every 5 minutes. 

Publish 
Delete 
Mark as spam 

The next has been going on for a while, and concerns "a gift of feathers".  For several months now I've been finding feathers all over the place.   On the doorstep, in the living room, in my studio..........even the cat brings them home.  I've amused myself by saying "it must mean angels are around."  So last week I had a visit with a colleague of mine, Patricia Ballentine, who is a priestess in Phoenix.  She brought with her Fr. Jorge, a Catholic priest who is part of a very progressive church in Tempe, Arizona.  It was a real pleasure to talk with Fr. Jorge, and we discussed masks and the use of sacred masks in many indigenous cultures.  He particularly liked my mask of the Virgin of Guadalupe.  And the conversation culminated with Fr. Jorge planning on commissioning me, in May, to create masks for  the Four Archangels!   am excited about this very much, and especially since I have recently been working on a painting dedicated to Michael!  

I also might add that about a month ago I received a call from a woman who wanted me to put some art in a show she was sponsoring.  I did, and just recently looked at her full name  - it is T.  Angeles!

No comments: