Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Greyhound synchronicity


Yesterday I was taking someone to the Greyhound bus station, and happened to drive through my old neighborhood on the way, very close to the station, and noticed a beautiful greyhound (the dog, and this one was all grey as well) walking free and unleashed on the side of the road.  

I've always loved greyhounds, such gentle and rather fragile dogs, and especially I've had empathy for them as they are so badly treated because of the horrible racing business.  There is a greyhound rescue organization in Tucson, and it always gives me pleasure to see people walking their rescue dogs.  So it was odd to see this dog without a person or a leash.  

Just something I didn't think about until after I dropped my passenger off, but an odd little synchronicity that resonated in some corner of my mind.  Running free...........

There was a time when getting into my car and driving for days, running free, letting my imagination run free, was my medicine, my food and drink. Now my life is so constrained because of the livelihood I have (renting rooms and B&B) that I run no more.......when I try to think about that Greyhound, and the bus station, I think what I feel is envy of creatures that can run so beautifully, and of people who can pack up and just go somewhere.  My mind is so preoccupied with mundane matters..........I think I need to unleash my own "inner greyhound."  

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Oh, I love it! Unleashing your inner greyhound! May we use this, Lauren?