Saturday, October 17, 2015

She Blesses Us



“Sometimes I need
only to stand
wherever I am
to be blessed.”
 
― Mary Oliver
 In 2011 I was at the White Spring in Glastonbury, where I had a profound experience of the Spirit of Place, the Numina of that ancient and sacred spring and place of Pilgrimage.  I took these forbidden  photographs of the beautiful shrine that was there, the painting that so perfectly captured the sacred essence of generosity that was there, offering, always offering.


“The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time.” 

― Mary Oliver

2 comments:

Martine said...

Oh you did it too?

I'm a little ashamed to tell, i also photographed that beautiful shrine........because i wanted a picture for at hom....
I visit there yearly at the Goddess Conference and am very happy to visit these wonderful and holy places.....

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

What a beautiful quote!! So true. And good for you for sneaking photos!!