Monday, September 15, 2014

More travels on the Coast..........


Just to be with the Pacific Ocean, north and south.  The strange knarled trees right out of Tolkien that line the edge of the world at Casper.  I notice that I always seem to find them as entranceways to somewhere else, perhaps some strange door to the world of Faery............





When I emerged to the overlook of Jughandle Beach, I was just in time to see a wedding in progress, just in time, in fact, to snap "the kiss".



This solitary  tree, clinging so tenatiously to the edge of the cliff, is an old friend of mine.


And here is South, way south of Casper, at La Jolla down by San Diego.  I am eternally fascinated by pelicans, graceless birds on land, but when they fly they are as precise and elegant as any air show imaginable.  Might like to come back as a pelican next lifetime, living above the ocean and fishing when I'm not preening my wings.  Seems very pleasurable.



Not to mention the seals, basking in the sun when they're not barking at each other.  Swimming dogs, fascinating to watch them play with each other in the water.



And schools of brightly colored  rainbow kayaks, ignored by the bored looking pelicans.


It's been so healing to be on the ocean, to visit Mother Ocean.  Thank you and great praise, Yemaya.


One last hibiscus...........................

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Wow, these photos are gorgeous! I remember our trip to this area some years ago. The seals, the dramatic scenery, the ocean... Just beautiful.