Friday, March 15, 2013

It's different being a kid............

My friend Charlie is a substitute teacher, and I guess it gets to him sometimes.......he sent me these cartoons, which I couldn't resist posting. Anybody think there's some truth here?

 I confess, I do wonder.  At a recent show, the 10 year old daughter of my neighbor sat, hypnotized, with a little box in her hands for the entire duration of the day........about 7 hours.  She didn't speak, interact with anyone, or walk about.  They say that TV has been the babysitter of children for the past 40 years or so............but now, with video games, the "TV" is portable and available 24/7. I worry about the introversion into cyberspace/video space, and the lack of interaction with the "real world" ("Nature deprivation disorder"?)




And then there is this actual school answering machine message from  Maroochydore state high school in Queensland, Australia .............

http://youtu.be/Pwghabw4N80

No comments: