Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Post Election and Michael Moore's 5 Point Plan for the Morning After

I feel like I’ve been out of my body all day. I so strongly had it in my mind, the image of Hillary waving to her following, and writing an article about the dreams of Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton finally coming true. I know I’m kind of venting wherever I can today, but it’s that or cry. I just don’t know what it means to be an American anymore. But like it or not, millions, perhaps a small majority, of Americans must believe what Trump represents, want what he represents, and don’t give a damn that he is transparently dishonest, vulgar, a sexual predator, and unethical. They just don’t care.
My friends are posting all kinds of beautiful essays about now is the time for us all to roll up our sleeves and get back to work, to shine the light, to realize that we were made for this moment. This may be true, but it is not what I feel right now. Right now I feel there is no hope, not only for America, but for humanity. That humanity cannot evolve out of violence, hatread, and greed.
But of course, I will get up tomorrow, or the day after, and I’ll put my activist cap back on, and I’ll try to find my way to believing that what I do has value again. What else can you do?

Here is what Michael Moore suggests:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michael-moore-morning-after-to-do-list_us_5823ab47e4b0aac62489134f

No comments: