Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Milk and Soy - related to breast cancer?

 
 My friend Charlie keeps me informed about health issues, and recently sent the videos below.  I love yogurt, and have been using soy products for many years, but having lost friends to breast cancer, which is an epidemic, I gave them up.  I also stopped using soy products because virtually all soy now is genetically modified and belongs, legally,  to Monsanto Corporation, which is horrifying to contemplate.  To learn more, the 2008 movie Food, Inc. is a significant film.

Fortunately, there's still almond milk and coconut milk..........but it's looking like having a back yard garden and perhaps a few of your own chickens to lay an occasional egg.........is a pretty good idea.




1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Uh-oh. I eat a lot of soy. We do have a garden weheree hubby grows tomatoes, lettuce, and other stuff. We also have fruit trees - mangos, grapefurit, even an avocado tree that finally started producing last year. I eat vegetarian eggs. Can't have chickens in my neighborhood! Thanks for posting.